This is a template repo which where I am testing and building solution for automated publishing of my articles/blog posts to dev. It’s just a lot of work to post the same article across places and hence I decided to automate publishing my posts to dev and eventually any other personal blogs. Here is how I made it easier for myself to publish blog posts from github to dev.to
Dev exposes API through which you could do a lot of things. I am currently only creating articles which will be in your drafts.
- Clone this repo, cleanup the files and arrange your blog posts.
- Create a markdown file for your blog post. You can check the folder structure in the repo.
- Setup your DEV TOKEN in your repo with the name as
- Commit the changes made to your .md files.
- Voila after the workflow is complete, you can see the blog posts created in draft.
- Also, I am persisting the json payload of the article with the id populated.
- Identify new files and modified markdown files
- For new files, create new articles
- For modified, update the articles
- Read the json and call the Update api
- Publish posts to WordPress as well?
- Ana María Martínez Gómez – Tracking changed files
- Stefan Zweifel – Committing the changes file from a workflow
- Maxime – For the triggering a thought
- Chris Amico – For parsing front matter from Markdown file
Please modify any typos or corrections in git and create a pull request to make this better. Here is an older blog post of mine.