The year it was
I wanted to jot down some of my thoughts about how 2021 passed by. Stuck mostly at home this year, things that i did, learnt, achieved and also mistakes. I consider those under category Personal, Professional and Philosophical. The 3 Ps. Noting this down here so that I will have it to refer back. Nothing in detail, but high level points. Please reach out if you would like to connect on something that I have written here.
- I explored learning Carnatic music. (maybe its not for me)
- Did a road trip from Seattle to San Fransisco and back.
- Implemented some learnings from Bhagavadgita.
- Completed 4 Three day fasts (Am on the 3rd day of the 4th attempt as of now)
- Ran 100kms for 3 months (Aug -114, Sep – 103, and Oct -109).
- My son started going to in-person school.
- My wife’s art channel on Insta reach 1K followers.
- Got covid vaccinated.
- Lost a little more than 25 pounds.
- Gave up on Onion and Garlic (at home only) for the entire year.
- Survived not visiting family in India for 4 years.
- Started the process of un-learn and learn concepts that help me in work.
- I changed my job after 11 years with a single company.
- Created working Airflow project for learning.
- My first open source contribution to Soda.
- My post on Selenide was featured in release notes.
- Created a working example in Databricks for Soda.
- Got couple of certifications. (Airflow and Azure)
- Confused what should my next learning path be!
- Bhagavdgita has had a great impact on me.
- Focus on present actions. Result will come its way.
- Work on things under my control and not worry about things that aren’t.
- Introspect on myself in terms thoughts, actions and emotions. Helped me realize many of my mistakes.
- Genuinely wish well for friends and family.
- Procrastination is mainly because of fear of failure and I should learn to face the fear.
- I am convinced that Bhagavdgita is book on How to Live and it’s also very hard to implement everything.
Great year inndeed Sir 🙂 . I would like to know more about the learnings and your experiences from Bhagwatgita. Looking forward to it.
Bhai you have my number. And you know you can call me anytime 🙂